Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If you want it, you got it - the underwhelming iPhone 4

Well my iPhone arrived. And I am so underwhelmed, that I am ready to pack it up and send it back.

It isn't the antenna problem. I always have mine in a case, so that was a non-issue. It's that the jump from 3gs with ios 4.01 to the iPhone 4.0 equipment is so small I am looking to un-spend my upgrade money.

  • It has a front-facing camera. So did my Verizon phone - in 2006.

  • You can video chat - with other iPhone 4 users on wireless. No one else in my family has the techno-love and the bucks for an iPhone. They are all using Verizon freebie phones.

  • The improved camera - sorry, can't see it yet. Extra mega-pixels not obvious in my snapshots

  • HD video - still not doing it for me. No zoom means I still do the human zoom cha-cha when I video.

  • Better battery? Well the battery life was atrocious, so I always carry an external battery which will recharge the phone 3 times. I think the battery life has improved to terrible, so I still carry the external to get through the day

  • Less dropped calls - hmmm, the jury is still out. I still have dead spots in my house.



Reading this I am think I am more than underwhelmed. I think I am downright disappointed.