Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Print your blog into a Book

These days more and more information is moving onto the web. But what happens when you want to save that information in a more permanent form? I saw the movies "Julie and Julia" and the first thing I thought about was how she reformatted that blog into the bigger version of book.

I have experimented with exporting a blog, then writing programs to reformat it. It was possible, but not very entertaining. I kept wanting more features, like text-only, or only certain posts on a topic on certain dates. Essentially I wanted to be able to query my blog for content and then print it.

Writing a book little by little, like a blog is such a great technique for breaking the task into small pieces. For travel blogs, with experiences for each day, the blog is great for creating, but so slow when you want quickly review the whole experience. So I was excited to see Blog2Print

I could see this as a great way to turn an online baby album into something that could be saved in a more permanent form.