Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Dear Santa - My Ideal Tablet

I have been resisting buying an iPad for close to 2 years, and my resolve in beginning to weaken.  I am an ideal candidate for tablet  - I was using tablets 8 years ago.   But none have quite hit my wishlist.   For the ideal tablet I would happily plunk down some iPad level bucks.

I just can't stand doing it for a tablet I know doesn't hit the mark.

So if Santa and elves can make it happen, here is what I want in a tablet.

  1. 3G - or a case with a pouch for my Mifi
  2. 7-8 in  screen size -  I want it to fit in one hand.   The Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab both nail this one
  3. Streaming video - that works.  Not like the Fire.   More like the iPad.
  4. Great App Store - like the iPad.  I am under-whelmed by the crippled app stores on the Android tablets.
  5. Front and rear camera
  6. Bluetooth - for keyboard and drive mapping
  7. SD slot - for viewing pictures, and transferring information
  8. Long Battery (over 12 hrs)
  9. Lightweight (less than a pound) 
And Santa - make it around $300.   In case it isn't in my stocking.