Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The coolest thing yet . .

My fellow girl geeks gave me a great lead on a gadget. I was very excited about Delicious 2 from their description. I read all the great features . Then I found out it only ran on Mac.

So I went looking for a PC equivalent. I found Librarian Pro (Mac and PC) for $80 and, even better Libra (http://www.getlibra.com/) which is free, and only for PCs. Like the specs for Delicious 2, it uses your webcam as a scanner. You point the camera at a barcode, and the software reads it. It looks it up in the Amazon database, and makes an entry for you. If you had entries already in a spreadsheet, you can import the information.

So I downloaded it. Damn if it didn't work just as advertised. Of course you must hold the item you are scanning very still. I can't wait to start getting my book, music, and dvd libraries under control. But that's a post for another day.