Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Inbox Zero

My inbox is always full. I am looking for more ways to clear it, and so I listened to this video. A lot of the things Merlin Mann suggests were obvious - at least to me, because I was already doing them. The concept of touching an email once and then getting rid of it by:
  • deleting it (my favorite)
  • doing the action requested, and replying (and deleting, because your Sent Items now contains the history and your reply!)
  • archiving immediately(and possibly deleting at a later date)
  • saving (until the a later date when the topic/project is obsolete and deleting!)


You can tell I am focused on the delete if at all possible. I already pitch lots of email, but I do have to keep that CYA trail for work. (Who sent who what and when) Still, I found the discussion interesting.